Beginner / Lesson 22 (Daily Routine) || Learn Malay Through English ||

Hello everyone! 

If you have missed my previous lesson of the "Beginner Level", click below:
Lesson 21 (At the Restaurant)


Click below to access the list of lessons available in the "Beginner Level" :)
Beginner || Learn Malay Through English ||



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back to another lesson! 

What's your daily routine like? For some people, it begins with the occasional morning walk, meditation or running.

Some head of to work while some to classes. 

This lesson will be about "Daily Routine" otherwise known as "Rutin harian" in Malay. :)




1. To wake up / To get up - Bangun / Membangun


    - I usually wake up at 7 o'clock. - Biasanya, saya bangun pada pukul tujuh.


2. To have a shower / To bathe - Mandi / Bermandi


    - She showers every morning and night. - Dia mandi pada setiap pagi dan malam.


3. To get dressed / To get ready - Bersedia


    - I always get dressed before I have breakfast. - Saya selalu bersedia sebelum saya bersarapan.


4. To have breakfast - Bersarapan


    - We have breakfast at half past 7. - Kami bersarapan pada pukul tujuh setengah.


Note: When you are going to mention "time", add the word "pukul" or "jam" before the numerical.
For example: 9 p.m - Pukul sembilan malam
                     4.15 a.m - Jam empat suku pagi




5. To brush your teeth - Berus gigi / Memberus gigi


    (Brush - Berus)
    (Teeth - Gigi)
    - I brush my teeth twice a day. - Saya berus gigi saya dua kali sehari.


6. To have lunch - Makan tengahari


    - We usually have lunch at half past 1. - Kami biasanya makan tengahari pada jam satu setengah petang.


7. To get home / To return home - Balik rumah / Pulang ke rumah


     - She gets home at 6 o'clock. - Dia pulang ke rumah pada jam enam.


8. To have dinner - Makan malam


    - They have dinner at 8 o'clock. - Mereka makan malam pada pukul lapan.




9. To go to bed / To sleep - Tidur


    - On weekdays, I go to bed before 10 o'clock. - Pada hari minggu, saya tidur sebelum pukul sepuluh. 


10. To go to work / To leave for work. - Pergi kerja


      - I usually go to work without having my breakfast. - Biasanya, saya pergi kerja tanpa bersarapan.


11. Start work - Mula bekerja


      - I start work in May. - Saya mula bekerja pada bulan Mei. 


12. Finish work / Get off work - Habis kerja


      - I get off work at 5. - Saya habis kerja pada pukul lima.


13. To do homework - Membuat kerja rumah 


      (Homework - Kerja rumah)
      - I always do my homework before dinner. - Saya selalu membuat kerja rumah saya sebelum makan malam.


Note: "Do" is membuat / buat. To say "complete", it would be, menghabiskan / habis.
For example: I will complete my homework later. - Saya akan menghabiskan kerja rumah saya nanti.



14. To go to school - Pergi ke sekolah


      - I go to school by bus. - Saya pergi ke sekolah dengan menggunakan bas.


15. Wash my face - Membasuh muka saya


      (Wash face - Membasuh muka)
      - I seldom wash my face with fascial wash. - Saya jarang membasuh muka saya dengan pembasuh muka. 


16. To comb - Menyikat


      - I comb my hair using a comb. - Saya menyikat rambut saya dengan menggunakan sebuah sikat. 



Note: "To brush" is "memberus". Be it "brushing the teeth" , "brushing the hair" or "brushing the floor", the action "to brush" is "memberus"Thus, "brushing the hair" would be "memberus rambut".For example: I brush my hair daily using a brush. - Saya memberus rambut saya setiap hari dengan menggunakan sebuah berus.




17. To cook - Masak  / Memasak


      - I prefer to cook than to eat in restaurants. - Saya lebih suka memasak daripada makan dalam restoran. 


18. To shave - Cukur / Mencukur


      - My father shaves his moustache twice a week. - Ayah saya mencukur misainya dua minggu sekali.


Note: "Moustache" - Misai
          "Beard" - Janggut



19. To put on / To wear - Pakai / Memakai


      - I usually put on my clothes first before combing my hair. - Biasanya, saya memakai pakaian saya dulu sebelum menyikat rambut saya.


20. To kiss - Cium / Mencium


      - My wife kisses me every morning before I leave for work. - Isteri saya mencium saya pada setiap pai sebelum saya pergi kerja.


21. To hug - Peluk / Memeluk

      - Everytime I come home from work, I hug my kids. - Setiap kali saya pulang ke rumah, saya memeluk anak-anak saya.


22. To remove clothes - Tanggalkan baju / Menanggalkan baju

      - I remove my clothes before I shower. - Saya menanggalkan baju saya sebelum saya mandi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vocabulary

  • Biasa - Usual
  • Biasanya - Usually
  • Hari minggu - Weekdays
  • Isteri - Wife
  • Janggut - Beard
  • Jarang - Seldom
  • Mei - May
  • Misai - Moustache
  • Sarapan - Breakfast
  • Setiap - Every
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is all for this lesson.

Click below to go the next lesson :)


See you soon!

Over and out~ :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginner / Lesson 16 (Prepositions) || Learn Malay Through English ||

Beginner / Lesson 1 (Hello) || Learn Malay Through English ||

Beginner / Lesson 10 (Numbers) || Learn Malay Through English ||